Tour around

  • 1-1.jpg

Wat Mahathat Ayutthaya

Wat Maha That or the Monastery of the Great Relic is located on the city island in 
the central part of Ayutthaya in Tha Wasukri sub-district. The temple is situated on the 
corner of the present Chikun Road and Naresuan Road. The monastery stood on the 
west bank of Khlong Pratu Khao Pluak, an important canal, which has been filled up 
somewhere in the early 20th century. In ancient times the temple was likely fully 
surrounded by canals and moats. The structure has been registered as a national historic 
site by the Fine Arts Department on 8 March 1935 and is part of the Ayutthaya World 
Heritage Historical Park.